[ltp] Noise and Power Consumption of T20 and T23

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:14:30 +0100

Ted Frater schrieb:
> Go for the T23 because
> It has the faster processor,
>  will take 1gig of ram, the T20 will only take 512megs

I don't care much about it. 256MB have to suffice.

>  the T23 can be found with a 1400 by 1050 res screen on a 14in diagonal,
> if your lucky.

I know that it exists, but I haven't seen an offer yet. SXGA isn't bad if one
has suitable fonts for GUI.

> IF you can find an A20P or an A21P these are larger  ie desktop
> replacement  laptops, there the best that IBM made at that
> time.

They are probably to big and the X-series are to small, that means it has to
be a T-model.

> Theres much more to a thinkpad than the processor.

Of course, I would never consider the CPU the primary criterion on choosing a
Computer. Right now I'm using KDE on Debian Sarge on my Desktop with a
Pentium II with exactly 233.869MHz. It's a bit slow, but it works.

>  Screen quality is just as important.

Are there any noticable differences between older ThinkPads in screen quality?
--
Hannes Kuhnert, Chemnitz, Germany