[ltp] Reduce CD noise

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 17:34:30 +0100

Jaime Iniesta, 06-12-2005:

> The command "eject -x 8" didn't change anything, neither.
>
> What to do? There must be a way to reduce the speed and noise of the CD
> so I can listen to music directly from it.

With my old computer and distro (RH 7.3) I used "setcd -x 8" for slowing
down the CD. With my ThinkPad R51 I'm using Mandriva 2005 and I remember I
had to search, download and compile setcd because it's not in the
repositories I have, and it has worked when I have tried. What I don't
remember is why I use setcd instead of eject, it may be because I didn't
know eject supported this feature, but it may also be because I tried
eject and it didn't work.

So, my advice: try setcd, you may have to compile it, but you can then
just put the binary in your ~/bin directory.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es