[ltp] Slightly OT: where are the 10GHz P6 thinkpads?

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:46:00 +0000

first I agree that cpu frequency raising is a commercial issue.
Power consumption and efficiency have been improved in the last
few years.

>2. Intel is making CPU's differently depending on your system. They now want
>to make some sort of flash memory to be in the system, in that case you would
>install the OS in a "flash drive" and then it would boot like half the time it
>normally takes.

I would like to start looking at this flashdrives, would you have a link
to give me, where to find such devices at low price ? Actually, it would
probably
speedup a system much more than anything else today. And without fan noise,
that is cool :)

paul