[ltp] considering t43p... is the lenovo quality okay?

Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:17:35 +0100

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 06:24:19PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> > Quoting Brad Langhorst <brad@langhorst.com>:
> >> I'm about ready to upgrade my t40...
> >> but I'm worried about the build quality of the new t43p.
> >>
> >> Anybody have a relevant story?
> >>
> >> Brad
> >>
> >=20
> > My pre-Lenovo T41 was made in China.
>=20
> My R31 was made in the Philipines and my T30 work computer was made in
> Mexico.
AFIAK lenovo did produce the thinkpad's for IBM, before they bought the
PC-section of IBM. I don't really now one PC brand (maybe DELL) who's making
their hardware all on their own. there are imho 3 big chinese companies who
do the hardware for the big ones (HPQ, Acer, ....IBM,....)

HTH
Ferdinand
=20

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0