[ltp] Re: [ANN] tp_smapi - a new Linux SMAPI driver

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 01:31:06 +0200

On 12/8/05, Kai-Thorsten Hambrecht <kai@hambrecht.org> wrote:
> > Still get the error messages about the unsupported stop threshold. Not =
> > big deal, since one could use inhibit_charge as a workaround if
> > necessary.
> > (However, I thought it was possible to set a stop threshold under
> > windows, but must verify this.)
>
> just verified that to set a stop threshold under windows works on my
> T42p. So this model should support this settings.

So under Windows your T42p provides separate start and stop
thresholds? That means it's either using a different interface, or
implementing the stop threshold in software using inhibit_charge.

> I also tried setting CD speed, this works without an error, but does not
> make any difference.

Sound may be hard to distinguish, so try measuring bandwidth (e.g.,
"pv /dev/cdrom > /dev/null") for each speed. (Remember to stop the
measurement before changing speeds, otherwise you'll hang your
machine).

  Shem