[ltp] Erase key labels

honey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 01:48:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, George Yanos wrote:

> My t42p is about a year old, I've worn the little finger feel tabs off the F
> (can't even see it) and the J (can see it but not feel it).  The letters are
> as good as new.

My keyboard's maybe 9 months: 7 keys are completely devoid of labels
and I'd guess another 5 partially gone (the obvious ones).  Happened on
my previous keyboard too, and both space bars have become hit and
miss (had to add some tape underneath them).  I really don't think
I type hard, but I do type long (it's my only computer I have for
personal use rather than server, and I use it day and night), no nail
polish/remover mishaps, cats aren't allowed to lick of keyboard etc.
But then, I've moaned about this before on this list.  At least IBM
swap them without too much fuss.

Honey