[ltp] considering t43p... is the lenovo quality okay?

Alejandro Bonilla Beeche linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:57:05 -0600

James Knott wrote:

>Don Perley wrote:
>

>>Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) wrote:
>>

>>>I don't really now one PC brand (maybe DELL) who's making
>>>their hardware all on their own. there are imho 3 big chinese
>>>companies who
>>>do the hardware for the big ones (HPQ, Acer, ....IBM,....)
>>>

>>Didn't Acer start out as an outsource manufacturer (one client being IBM)?
>>

>Yep and they produced the horrible "i" series, which is one ThinkPad
>line I didn't want to have anything to do with.  There have been a
>couple of examples when IBM tried to go down market and failed.  Anyone
>remember "ValuePoint" (IIRC), which were junk desktop systems?

I think the subject of this email is not really valid. WoW! now IBM is
not doing anything and Lenovo is doing everything? Of coure not. What
would have happend to all PC IBM Employees? Everything simply moved
under the management of Lenovo but all the developers, creators and
people behind the PC's and ThinkPads are still there.

I wouldn't worry at all, is the same people. "Same thing, different
name" and not even cause it still says IBM. ;-)

.Alejandro