[ltp] atitvout: s-video/tv-out in colour?

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:41:32 +0100

Macskassy Csaba wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 10:19:25 +0100, Leon Brokken
> <leon.brokken@med.lu.se> wrote:
>
>> Hey List!
>>
>> Using atitvout I got s-video/tv-out to work on my T41 with radeon
>> 7500 mobility, but only in black and white on tv (at 640x480).
>> Anyone an idea how to turn this into colour? Could it have anything
>> to do with correct synchronisation or refresh rates?
>>
>> Cheers, Leon.
>>
> Afaik thats a hardware problem. You used the wrong cable or something.
> I don't have more information about this because I do not have a
> tv-out on my thinkpad, but I think that some years ago I read about
> this problem...
I wasn't aware of different type of cables? There's a small switch at
the back of the scard plug, but switching that seems to disable the
connection. What type of cables are there, or what should be the type I
should be looking for?

Cheers, Leon.