[ltp] Is my thinkpad burning?

Ted Frater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:21:49 +0000

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:27:31 +0100, Michele Campeotto <micampe@micampe.it>
wrote:
> In fact, it is. Since those are OEM licenses, tied to the hardware
> they're first installed, the stickers are made to be impossible to
> remove and stick on another machine: if you try to remove them they
> will rip apart.

Interresting point... Does anyone know how to remove the sticker anyway?
Perhaps there is a special method. I use only debian, but since I have
bought that system I do not want to throw away my license...

Csaba
--
Macskassy Csaba
bitumen@tuxworld.homelinux.org

Whenever I get computers through my hands and there not repairable i
always remove these licence lables.
  How you may ask?
  Well its quite easy. you need a normal hair drier set to hot, heat the
lable whilst you slowly peel it off. once its up to say boiling water
temp it will unstick quite easily.

you lift the edge with a scalpel and use tweesers to start with when you
can hold it between 2 fingers heat the lable from the sticky side.
  I then put them on to the paper that had self adhesive lables on
  its silicone coated and they peel off easily when cold.