[ltp] Is my thinkpad burning?

Bernhard Sputh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:47:49 +0000

--nextPart3421332.BWsk4QC3Dd

On Sunday 11 December 2005 15:30, James Knott wrote:

> Genuine stickers will self destruct, eventually disappearing entirely.
> When this happens, MS can then claim that since you don't have a
> sticker, you've got a pirated copy of Windows and sue you.  ;-)

I would prefer if the `Designed for Windows XP' sticker would disappear dur=
ing=20
the shipping process the unit. I don't see the point of giving MS free=20
advertisement space on my TP. Well one of the first things I did was removi=
ng=20
the stickers from I*t** and MS, but that was extra work :(

Cheers
Bernhard

=2D-=20
"Computers are good at following instructions,
 but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9