[ltp] Is my thinkpad burning?

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:26:21 -0500

I don't want to have this sound like a commercial but I have had
great luck removing all sorts of labels a small brush, lots of patience,
and Goo Gone.

Put the Goo Gone in a small container, wet the end of the brush, and
work all
around the edges of the label using the brush like a small shovel.
Let it sit for a while and then repeat.
If you want to resell the equipment later to one of those poor helpless
souls
that just doesn't know any better, you can put the label back on with
double-sided
"Scotch" tape.

It doesn't seem to harm any of the plastic but don't use this on the
heat conductive rubber parts.

SOTL wrote:

>On Monday 12 December 2005 04:40 am, Jim Harvey wrote:
>

>>Ted Frater wrote:
>>

>>>On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:27:31 +0100, Michele Campeotto
>>><micampe@micampe.it>

I have never been able to to reinstall windows back to a machine using
the serial number on the COA.
Now the COA proves that a license for the OS has been paid for on the
machine and not being able to
reinstall the software using that number is a criminal act on the part
of $sloth as far as I'm concerned .