[ltp] t43, 2.6.14 and suspend2

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:44:19 -0500

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 04:31:22PM +0100, Meidinger Chris wrote:
> I don't think suspend-to-ram works for anyone who uses the fglrx driver.
>
> Is that correct, or does someone have it working?
>
> Chris
Hi Chris:
fglrx drivers added support for suspend-to-ram for their two latest
driver 8.19.10 and 8.20.8. I've been using the latest 8.20.8 on T43 with
kernel 2.6.12 patched for SATA driver. Also I think you can get DMA for
DVD with some patch, too, with 2.6.12
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Fglrx
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux
I've been using suspend to ram for about 5 days with around 10
suspend-resume cycle on fglrx and still have 3D acceleration. So it may
be worth trying for you. Also I would recommend building the package
for your distro from the downloaded ATI installer, instead of directly
install them, in order for the symbolic links to work out. See also the
links above.
Jiang