[ltp] New thinkpad: T43/p (/Z-series?)

Ziga Mahkovec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:45:24 +0100

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 20:38 +0000, honey wrote:
> [...]
> I read on the ThinkWiki Sata page:
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux
>
> that DVD burning may not work with 2.6.14, and maybe CD burning:
> is this still true?

I'm running a T43p with the SATA patches and while I haven't done much
burning yet, I did manage to burn a couple of CD-RWs that weren't
readable afterwards.  Others have reported problems too (see the
discussion at the wiki page above).

> I'm presuming the SATA hard drive will be fine on
> an up-to-date distro with 2.6.14 (probably Fedora)?

Not on Fedora.  For suspend-to-ram, DMA and power management to work
properly on 2.6.14, you'll have to apply all of the patches referenced
in the wiki page.

Apparently, Ubuntu has the suspend-to-ram patch included, I'm not sure
about the others.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_fan_noise

--
Ziga