[ltp] IBM Access button

Macskassy Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:31:11 +0100

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:09:33 +0100, Bret Comstock Waldow
<bwaldow@woosh.co.nz> wrote:

> When I get a new computer, I restore the operating system several
> times.  This
> way, I know I can, and any gotcha's about it.  That's the only valid
> test of
> the install media - and if it fails at first, it's under warranty so I
> can
> still get something done about it.
>
> When I put in a new GNU/Linux operating system, I install it several
> times in
> a row, as I learn about installation choices, and try new options,
> partition
> schemes, and learn about any gotcha's about it.

I think that you actually only want to install your os all the time, but
not actually use it... strange. However, I think that one should do the
installation only once and then read books and documentation to learn.
Learning by doing (the installation!) doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I have also deleted the recovery-partition without writing those
backup-cds. It doesn't bother me at all. _If_ I needed that other os, I
would install it from some other media. And I still could search in my
trashcan for the burnt sticker to prove that I own that system.

Regards,
Csaba

--
Macskassy Csaba