[ltp] tp_smapi 0.09 (dual battery, extended status support)

Daniel Willmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:18:00 +0100

--Sig_PsgPdve_7mLl6vhIuVlPpyN

Hello,

on an X40:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:04:44 +0200
Shem Multinymous <multinymous@gmail.com> wrote:

> > no idea, but current1 looks like present rate to me, and current2
> > like some average over last minute?
>=20
> That would be useful for analyzing component power draw.
>=20
> Can anyone confirm?

It does seem to be an average and from what I've seen one minute is
pretty close to the time covered.

> The MSB of the first byte probably means "AC connected" (which reminds

And the second bit seems to mean battery0 installed, but after figuring
that out I saw that it was in your code already. :-)

> me, I forgot to mention the new
> /sys/devices/platform/smapi/ac_connected). So it's probably something
> in the 2nd.

> I see this in the 2nd byte:
>=20
> Idle:             0xc0
> Discharging: 0xd0
> Charging:     0xe0
>=20
> Does anyone see other values?

That's what I see, too.
The first two byte always indicate this regardless of the row. Can you
confirm that?

Regards,
Daniel Willmann