[ltp] tp_smapi 0.09 (dual battery, extended status support)

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:56:14 +0000

Shem Multinymous wrote:

>Hi,
>
>A new version of ThinkPad SMAPI support for Linux:
>
>https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1212&package_id=171579
>
>0.09  2005-12-12
>----------------
>- Dual-battery support: moved all battery-related sysfs files to
>  /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/*
>  and made the 2nd battery accessible via
>  /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT1/*

Hi,
thank you for this work.
On my T42, I have 2 batteries, the normal one plus the ultrabay one.
Considering that the default (hardware ?) policy is to completely
discharge the ultrabay first then the normal battery, my ltrabay battery
is totaly discharged very often. As discussed many times on this forums,
that arms it and it's lifetime went from 25Wh to 19 Wh in 4 months.

That is why I tried to find a way to switch the normal battery to power
the laptop as soon as the ultrabay runs short, lets say 10% remaining.
As I never need the full battery life (more than 5h now thanks to
lowering voltages), this policy would prevent both batteries from
getting totaly empty.

Can SMAPI give me this choice ?

Thank you

Paul