[ltp] CD-RW/DVD-RW Multi-Burner problem with cdrecord

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:19:11 +0100

Hello,

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 18:48 +0100, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> Revision       : '1.61'

Got revision 1.03, but otherwise the output is exactly the same, well
until:

> cdrecord: Trying to use ultra high speed+ medium on a writer which is
> not compatible with ultra high speed+ media.

I have no idea what kind of medium you're using, but somehow cdrecord
doesn't seem to like it. Unfortunately I haven't seen that message ever
before, so I'm not quite sure whether this is merely a warning or an
error leading to cdrecord aborting.

Did you try a different medium yet?

But since Torsten made similar experiences, I guess waiting for 2.6.15
is the best option, since then libata will officially support ATAPI
devices. And according to the last rc-Changelog of Linus, it can't be
long till the final release.

Regards
WK
--