[ltp] CD-RW/DVD-RW Multi-Burner problem with cdrecord

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:42:57 +0100

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 19:45 +0100, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> Do you know if the suspend patch and other patches that you were talking
> about in your howto are included in 2.6.15-rc5 ? What should i do in
> order to have SATA working and suspend too ? (with a 2.6.14, suspend to
> RAM/HD works great).

Ok, since Torsten's praise for 2.6.15 made me curious I tried it, and
yes, Suspend-to-RAM still needs a patch as stated in the ThinkWiki. Same
for the nsc-ircc IRDA driver, patch is still needed. And if you try to
use the binary fglrx driver from ATI, be sure to use the patch from
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113429835515001&w=2
otherwise one gets rather nasty kernel oopses.

OTOH, ipw2200 and the ieee80211 subsystem are more recent in the kernel
than on the project sites, which indicates no more patching for those in
the future, very nice. :)

Unfortunately, still no go with DRM and the Fire GL V3200...

Regards
WK
--
http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p