[ltp] CD-RW/DVD-RW Multi-Burner problem with cdrecord

Arnaud Fontaine linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:17:28 +0100

    Wolfgang> Ok, since Torsten's praise for 2.6.15 made me curious I
    Wolfgang> tried it, and yes, Suspend-to-RAM still needs a patch as
    Wolfgang> stated in the ThinkWiki.

Hello,

I have tried 2.6.15-rc5 but i have exactly the same problem with my
CD-RW, i will wait 2.6.15 release and will test furthermore this
problem.

    Wolfgang> OTOH, ipw2200 and the ieee80211 subsystem are more recent
    Wolfgang> in the kernel than on the project sites, which indicates
    Wolfgang> no more patching for those in the future, very nice. :)

More recent ipw2200 driver is really needed in the mainline kernel
because of the WPA issue. I wasn't able to use WPA with 2.6.14, but
2.6.15 will include the last ipw2200 driver (1.0.8 instead of 1.0.0), it
seems to fix the issue.

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001