[ltp] tp_smapi 0.12 adds forced battery discharge

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:02:47 +0200

Hi,

A new version of a tp_smapi is available:

0.12  2005-12-16
----------------
- Added smapi/BAT?/force_discharge1 and
        smapi/BAT?/force_discharge2.
  When set to 1, they stop forces discharging of battery even if on AC powe=
r.
  The two files have the same functionaliy but use different SMAPI calls to
  achieve it.
- Removed smapi/cd_speed (unless you set "#define PROVIDE_CD_SPEED"), since
  its function is provided in a safer way by the combination of "hdparm -E"
  (for CD) and speedcontrol (for DVD, http://safari.iki.fi/speedcontrol.c).

On my T43, smapi/BAT?/force_discharge1 works well but
smapi/BAT?/force_discharge2 doesn't work. I'll appreciate reports
(accompanied by dmesg output if negative) on other laptops, by mail or
on ThinkWiki.

I'm also looking for feedback about dual-battery setups, which AFAIK
is completely untested.

http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D1212&package_id=3D171579
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/SMAPI_support_for_Linux

  Shem