[ltp] T4x Battery Conditons Survey

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 03:13:27 -0500

It really depend on what battery temperature you have. Do you keep
your battery in the computer when you're on AC? Then presumably most
the time your battery is in the very harmful condition of high charge
high temperature. See this link
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-19.htm
Take a look at the table near the center. Your battery temperature is
likely to be between 20 and 30 C, so after a year of us when it's mostly
100% charged, it will be between 80%-94% of charge. You're even at
higher end(90%). Count yourself lucky.

So I doubt this is a leveno-ibm issue. It's just how battery work. To
prolong your batter charge, take it out when on AC and store it on 40%
of charge in some cool place. Or if you insist on using it when on AC,
use SMAPI to inhibit charging to keep it at 40% charged when you're on
AC.
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/SMAPI_support_for_Linux
Jiang