[ltp] Software suspend, ibm_acpi and tpb

Michael Ott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:20:19 +0000

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

Hello Arnaud!

> I am using software suspend included in the kernel, it works fine on my
> T43 with suspend to ram and suspend to disk too. However, after
> restoring the system using suspend to disk, ibm_acpi and tpb doesn't
> work anymore. I have compiled ibm_acpi as kernel module and it works
> like a charm with suspend to ram. Any idea ?
>=20
> This is my hibernate.conf for suspend to disk :
>=20
> UseSuspend2 no
> UseACPISleep 4
> Verbosity 0
> LogFile /var/log/hibernate.log
> LogVerbosity 5
> Distribution debian
> SaveClock restore-only
> OnSuspend 10 /usr/bin/emacsclient -e '(emms-stop)' &
> OnSuspend 80 /usr/X11R6/bin/xtrlock &
> UnmountFSTypes smbfs nfs vfat ntfs
> IbmAcpi yes
> RadeonTool no
> UnloadBlacklistedModules yes
> LoadModules auto
> EnableVbetool no
> UseDummyXServer no
>=20
> I have also put ibm_acpi into hibernate blacklist script, so i don't
> really understand what's wrong...
I have to restart cpufreqd and a small script which manage the fan. I
create a small script with start after resume to restart this daemons
(using StartServices).

Are you using suspend2? It does not seems so. Can you send me your
suspend-to-ram config because suspend-to-ram crashed on resume or
shutdown my box after finishing resume

CU       =20
        =20
  Michael =20
         =20
--                                                      =20
           Michael Ott, e-mail: michael@zolnott.de, www.zolnott.de         =
 =20
I am registered as user #275453 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.o=
rg.