[ltp] TP600E and extra hard drive

David linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:27:00 -0600

I have a slide in drive bay that holds a 2.5" hard drive. This slides
into the slot on the front where the diskette drive or cd rom drive also
fit. I am using SuSE 9.3.  When I use the computer with the diskette
drive or cd it is detected and can be used like any other drive. When I
put the hard drive in place it is detected after I add an fstab entry
for it. When this entry is in place and I boot the computer the
initialization fails with something to the effect a partition is missing
that is not root and the pad will only boot to a command line. If I rem
the fstab entry out the pad will boot fine. Can anyone enlighten me on
the proper way to have this drive detected? Another thing is if when I
try to mount it manually it is not found.

David