[ltp] T4x Battery Conditons Survey

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:59:51 +0200

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 04:40:51PM +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 03:53:03PM +0800, Kelvin KAN wrote:
> > Now nearly 1 yr, in 38 charging cycles, the battery capacity of my T42=
=20
> > has dropped from 4700mAh (designed) to 4200mAh (fully charged).  =20
> > Projecting this degradation into next yr, it will be practically giving=
=20
> > me only 2-hr running by next X'mas.
>=20
> After one year of intensive use (200 charges) always emptying the=20
> battery before charging, I get a max. capacity of 42000mAh just like=20
> you. I'm kind of disappointed by this aspect of the Thinkpads,=20
> probably the only weak point of this laptop.

I bought my T42 in March.  Today, /proc/acpi/battery shows last full
capacity as 43940 mWh (and design capacity as 47510 mWh).  I do not know
how to determine the number of charge cycles in Linux.

My laptop is almost constantly connected to AC power.  I never take the
battery off.

> Now, you should have a 1-year warranty, including the battery, just=20
> like I have (mine ends tomorrow hehe). One month ago, I called IBM=20
> customer service, I complained that the battery discharged really too=20
> quickly and they sent me a new battery without problem. Bonus: you=20
> keep the old battery if you want.

Wow.  Do you mean that losing 10% of battery capacity in a year is
enough to get it replaced under warranty?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"In general, it is safe and legal to kill your children and their children"
POSIX Prg Gt, by Donald Lewine, O'Reilly & Associates, 1991, p.110 (On proc=
ess
termination)
        -- http://lambda.weblogs.com/discuss/msgReader$7635?mode=3Dday

--y0ulUmNC+osPPQO6