USB port way too slow [was: Re: [ltp] Software suspend, ibm_acpi and tpb]

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:21:25 +0100

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 08:41:03PM +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 16:54:26 +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 11:37:42AM +0100, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using software suspend included in the kernel, it works fine on my
> > > T43 with suspend to ram and suspend to disk too. However, after
> > > restoring the system using suspend to disk, ibm_acpi and tpb doesn't
> > > work anymore. I have compiled ibm_acpi as kernel module and it works
> > > like a charm with suspend to ram. Any idea ?
> >
> > I have another problem, when resuming after suspend2, i lose usb
> > support for usb mass-storage devices, iow i can't mount my usb pen
> > anymore. Is this a known issue ? Any workaround ?
>
> USB has (or at least had) known problems with any type of suspend.
> That's why it's recommended to build USB support as modules, the
> hibernate script already has them in the blacklist.

Thanks, look like it's fixed.

I have another problem though, it's the USB transfer going excesively
slow when transfering data. With a USB2.0 pendrive, it takes me 2 min
(!!!) to transfer 14M:

[eric@atto:~/devel/d-i]$ time cp * /mnt/usbpen/

real    2m7.745s
user    0m0.000s