[ltp] T43 and libdvdcss/libdvdread

Arnaud Fontaine linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:47:25 +0100

    Ziga> Do you have the option of trying this in Windows?  I wonder if
    Ziga> it's a hardware issue.  It could also be a DMA issue, but I
    Ziga> thought the SATA driver should take care of that?

Hello,

I can't try with Windows because i have deleted all the Windows
partitions. However, i thought it worked with ATAPI contrary to SATA but
it doesn't seem. So i dunno how to fix this problem. I have tried to
build Morton's linux tree but it hangs up at kernel boot (oops). Maybe
someone has an idea... I hope so.

This DVD/CD reader seems to be problematic with GNU/Linux, it is the
only thing that doesn't work well on my T43 :/.

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001