[ltp] T43 and libdvdcss/libdvdread

Ziga Mahkovec linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:40:59 +0100

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 14:26 +0000, honey wrote:
> This might not be much help, but I frequently saw these on my T40's
> Matshita drive, toiled away with possible kernel/software problems,
> then ran the IBM diagnostics (from my *recovery partition which
> I didn't delete*!) and the drive proved to be bad.  A swap under
> warranty fixed it.

If I bring up IBM Rescue and Recovery (either via GRUB or the Rescue CD
I had created) and go to "Diagnose hardware", I'm greeted with the
following error:

  "Error - no diagnostics seem to be available on your system"

Do diagnostics require a Windows installation? (I only kept the recovery
partition.)

--
Ziga