[ltp] T43 and libdvdcss/libdvdread

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:27:51 +0100

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 16:49 +0100, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> We have exactly the same CD/DVD reader (except the revision number but
> it doesn't matter i presume). I don't understand why it doesn't work,
> could you make your kernel images (2.6.15-rc5) available somewhere ?

I could create Debian packages, no problem, but they'll have most
features removed, including many filesystem types (only ext3 in the
kernel, some others as modules), so the images will not help much unless
you have set up your system more or less exactly like mine. Maybe I'll
do packages configured with "make allmodconfig" and include an initrd as
well, but I'll not get around to it until the end of the week.

Besides, I'm only using 2 patches at the moment: the patch for
libata-suspend/resume (see ThinkWiki) and the PnP-patch for the IRDA
subsystem (also see ThinkWiki). Oh, and of course I use the excellent
tp_smapi kernel patch. :)

> Could you also tell me what's version of mplayer, libdvdcss and
> libdvdread you have installed ?

This being a Debian sid installation with additional packages from
Christian Marillat (http://debian.video.free.fr/), the versions are:

ii  libdvdcss2       1.2.9-0.0
ii  libdvdread3      0.9.4-5.1
ii  mplayer-586      1.0-pre7cvs20051102-0.0

Regards
WK
--
http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p