[ltp] T41p/T42p/R50p VGA and DVI Out

Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:16:08 -0500

Hi,

I've read what I think are all pertinent messages on this list about
this topic, and I apologize in advance for starting yet a new thread on
this, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this.

I need to use my t42p to give presentations (and I'd like to use it to
connect it to a TV too!). I'm using the proprietary ATI drivers, and I'd
like to keep using them if possible, but I've tried the Radeon drivers
without success.

So here are the questions I have found conflicting answers to:

1) Can a t42p be configured to do on-the-fly (i.e. without restarting
the X server) switching/cloning of the screen using fn-f7 for the VGA
port?

I have ibm-acpi properly configured, but echo $COMMAND
> /proc/acpi/ibm/video does nothing, as far as I can tell.

2) If the answer to (1) is yes, could you please explain how, and maybe
post your xorg.conf and your acpi event script for FN-F7?

Thanks a lot,
Carlos