[ltp] T43 & Fedora

Seth Kulick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:02:34 -0500

Hi,

I've had a Thinkpad T30 for a little more than three years, set up as a
dual boot with XP and Redhat 8.0.  I don't remember exactly what I did to set
it up this way, but I used Partition Magic and installed GRUB on the
boot sector and somehow modified the windows boot to let me choose linux.

I have the chance to upgrade to a T43, which I would like to set up in
a similar way.  I haven't really followed linux much since I installed
redhat, so it seems like I should be using Fedora now.  While it seems that
there should not be any problem with using the T43 (and indeed it's been
a frequent topic on here of late), and I've looked up some stuff, I haven't
seen any info on that exact configuration, of Fedora on a T43, as a dual boot.
Has anybody done that?  Is there any reason to be wary of getting a T43,
intending to set it up as a dual boot with XP and Fedora?

thanks,

Seth