Antwort: [ltp] T43 & Fedora

Matthias Runge linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:57:05 +0100

Hi,

In my opinion nothing speaks against installing Fedora Core and Windows XP
as dual boot.
You might take a look at http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T43
especially at the Installing... section. This machine runs quite fine with
linux!

Choosing a linux distribution is merely a question of philosophy than a
technical question (in my opinion).

Cheers,
--
Matthias

Seth Kulick <skulick@seas.upenn.edu>
Gesendet von: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
19.12.2005 22:02
Bitte antworten an
linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org

An
linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Kopie

Thema
[ltp] T43 & Fedora

Hi,

I've had a Thinkpad T30 for a little more than three years, set up as a
dual boot with XP and Redhat 8.0.  I don't remember exactly what I did to
set
it up this way, but I used Partition Magic and installed GRUB on the
boot sector and somehow modified the windows boot to let me choose linux.

I have the chance to upgrade to a T43, which I would like to set up in
a similar way.  I haven't really followed linux much since I installed
redhat, so it seems like I should be using Fedora now.  While it seems
that
there should not be any problem with using the T43 (and indeed it's been
a frequent topic on here of late), and I've looked up some stuff, I
haven't
seen any info on that exact configuration, of Fedora on a T43, as a dual
boot.
Has anybody done that?  Is there any reason to be wary of getting a T43,
intending to set it up as a dual boot with XP and Fedora?

thanks,

Seth