[ltp] tp_smapi and hdaps compatibility

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:43:47 +0200

Hi,

On 12/21/05, Leon Brokken <leon.brokken@med.lu.se> wrote:
> Force_discharge*, inhibit_charge_minutes, start_charge_thresh,
> stop_charge_thresh don't seem to be implemented on this model.

Thanks. The Wiki contains countrary (positive) information for the
ThinkPad T41, but I can't find the source of that information now so
maybe it was just a copy&paste error (or maybe a different
sub-model?). For now I've updated it to reflect your report.

Can you provide the dmesg output caused by "cat force_dischrage2"?

> However, there's no /sys/devices/platform/smapi/cd_speed

Yes, as explained in the README and Wiki, in recent versions cd_speed
is disabled by default since there are safer ways to get this
functionality.  To enable it, add this at the top of tp_smapi.c:
#define PROVIDE_CD_SPEED

  Shem