[ltp] R50e power adaptor heat

Neil McGovern linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:56:47 +0000

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 12:22:26PM +0100, Macskassy Csaba wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:07:49 +0100, Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >Lo all,
> >
> >I've recently purchased an R50e, and I'm finding that the power adaptor
> >is getting REALLY hot.
> >
> >Has anyone else experienced this, or is it time to call support? :)
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Neil
>
> I think that it is quite normal that the power adaptor gets hot. This is
> the normal behaviour of a transformator. It you can hold it in your hand
> without burning youself, it is ok.

Yup, but it's just a lot hotter than any others I've had :)
I can hold it in my hand for about 5 seconds before it starts to burn.

I have managed to find someone else with an R50e and a differnet
revision power adaptor, so I'm guessing a call to support is in order :)

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3