[ltp] xorg problem w/ mandriva & thinkpad

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:41:09 -0500

I use a Thinkpad T40 with an ATI Radeon M7 7500 graphics card.  Mandriva2006
installed with xorg 6.9 cvs, but xinerama didn't work with a Sony X94
external monitor (nothing else to test with).  Everything worked fine when I
down graded to 6.8.2 that came with LE2005.  I just tested the cooker 6.9
final version, but xinerama still didn't work.  I heard there were problems
with 6.9 and ATI.

Does anyone know whether this is a real problem with xorg 6.9 or a problem
with Mandriva's configuration of 6.9?  Any thoughts on how to fix?  6.9 is
needed for some other things I'd like to install.

TIA
Paul