[ltp] IBM Thinkpad R52: Curious Sound of Harddisk during Shutdown

George Katsitadze linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Dec 2005 13:27:25 +0200

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 10:34:48AM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
> Q. Why is top posting bad?
> gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3
> --

OFF TOPIC.

This is off topic but may clear a common misunderstanding.

Top posting is bad, I agree. But it is not going away.  And
I think I know why--people just don't understand what "top
posting" means. To most of non-techies, it's just another
technical term which is beyond their understanding.

I agree that it is easy to look up the definition in
wikipedia or something. The problem is that people don't
know what it is, therefore they don't know that it concerns
them, therefore they don't know that they should look it up.

Something must be done about it. And I'm doing it right now
:) (see my signature -- something along the lines, may be?)

Merry Xmas to all who celebrate.

Best regards,
George
--
Please be nice to your fellow list members. Try not to top
post. Please take a minute to read about top posting here: