[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #1122 - 20 msgs

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:31:01 +1300

--nextPart7581315.ruSNE0yJ2X

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 13:45, Josh wrote:

> If I get the Ultrabay hard drive, can't I choose which
> drive it boots up in with the bios?  I used Windows so
> infrequently, I could probably even just swap the hard
> drives when I need Windows.  It looks like the hard
> drive only has one screw...

Depending on which model you have.  My T42 has one screw, and my TransNote =
has=20
two.

To seat a drive in the Ultrabay, it needs a caddy - they go for $5-7 on eba=
y,=20
and I don't know if that includes the 4 screws needed to mount the caddy to=
=20
the drive.  Pull your existing drive to see what I mean - there's already a=
=20
caddy on the internal drive as well.

In case it's of use, this fellow has directions on installing to an Ultraba=
y=20
drive:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/ubuntubreezythinkpadt42.html#secondhdd

Cheers,