[ltp] TP600E and extra hard drive

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:02:58 +1300

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 06:32, David wrote:
> Javier (a.k.a AlBundy) wrote:
> >On 12/18/05, David <spotslayer@rgv.rr.com> wrote:
> >>Here is my fstab. I did have auto instead of no auto. After I changed
> >> that to noauto I can boot without complaint, but I still cannot mount
> >> the drive.
> >>
> >>David
> >>
> >>/dev/hdc1            /media/multimedia    vfat       noauto,user
> >>     0 0
> >
> >Post the output lines of this:
> >fdisk -l /dev/hdc
>
> DsTP:/home/david # fdisk -l /dev/hdc
>
> Disk /dev/hdc: 6007 MB, 6007357440 bytes
> 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 730 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
>
>    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/hdc1               1         730     5863693+   f  W95 Ext'd (LBA)
ok so there is a partition table entry, now lets see if the file command
thinks there is a file-system on that partition.
As root do:-
file -s /dev/hdc1
and you should get a reply telling you that there is file-system data.
If that seems correct you might care to check the consistency of the
file-system with:-
fsck.vfat -n /dev/hdc1
The -n flag will check the file-system, but not make any changes.
fsck.vfat --help   will give you the whole gamut of options.

Get back to us with the results.

hth ymmv etc

--
CS