[ltp] TV-Out and Thinkpad R52

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:32:06 +0100

Ralf Kröger wrote:
> Hi Leon, hi List,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2005 16:34 schrieb Leon Brokken:
>
>> Ralf Kröger wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm using a thinkpad R52 and have installed Kubuntu 5.10.
>>> Now I want to use the TV-Out, but I don't know, how to manage this.
>>>
>>> Can anybody give me a hint?
>>>
>> Check this thread:
>> http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-December/03
>> 1031.html
>>
>> Small change: I don't need to enter runlevel init 1 anymore for colour,
>> so you can probably skip that part.
>>
> I followed your very useful advice, Leon,  an the TV-Out works, but only black
> and white - there are no colours, even not when I enter runlevel 1
> Probably I must add some configuration?

I don't think there's any configuration, besides the posibility to set
either PAL or NTSC in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but that didn't have any
effect for me.
Are you using S-VIDEO, and if so, are you sure the tv supports tv-out? I
my case I needed a S-VIDEO-to-RCA converter/adapter to get colours.

Here's a usefull link on connection types
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon-tv-out/#p3

Cheers, Leon.