[ltp] Gentoo on thinkpad?

Joshua Megerman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:44:09 -0500 (EST)

> Dear All,
>
> I'm considering making the leap from Mandriva to Gentoo on the A22p.
> There are lots of advantages, but I don't know if the machine has either
> the horsepower or disk space to compile from source.
>
> Am I insane?
>
> Has anyone else done this successfully?
>
> Thanks for your advice,

Don't know about an A22p, but I've been using Gentoo on my R50p since day
1 and while it takes a little tweaking to get everything right, it works
great.  My biggest "problem" was that I had to use the ethernet port to do
the initial installation until I could get the madwifi drivers installed
for the wireless :)

Josh
--
Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division