[ltp] Gentoo on thinkpad?

Henrik Brix Andersen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:22:05 +0100

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 04:13:35PM +0000, Richard Neill wrote:
> If you do that, presumably you have to have somewhere to keep about 20GB
> of sources? And I assume you have to keep them permanently, so that when
> rsyncing to do updates, you don't have to re-download all the time.
> Is there a way around this?

20GB of sources is a bit over-estimated, I'd say.

I have a full system installed (I don't use KDE nor GNOME, though -
but Enlightenment) - this is the full sources + more for that system:

$ du -ch /usr/portage/distfiles/|tail -n 1
1.5G    total

This is an X31, by the way...

Regards,
Brix
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--