[ltp] Shopping for a Thinkpad

Stan Weddington linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:17:01 -0500

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 03:04 pm, Ted Frater wrote:

>  as for your friend who has had his id stolen. If he closes his bank
> accounts and stoppes his c/cards
> Assuming he has them howcome hes still loosing money?,

Once you have someones legal name and social security number,
new bank accounts and credit cards can be obtained and used
by the person with the identification information... you pretty

Regularly check your credit report to see just what is out there in
YOUR name is the only safe way.

I personally know at least 5 people who have had their identities
stolen and used fraudulently... including my mother.

Stan