[ltp] DVD region

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 00:27:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, D. Sen wrote:

> About to travel overseas. Whats the latest status on playing DVDs from
> different regions? (I am taking the T42p with a MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ-812)
> DVD player
>
> Is it still possible to set the region to 0 by a firmware upgrade on
> these things such that they play all regions?

My friend (in Korea) sent me a DVD which wouldn't play on the standalone
player (wrong region) but would on my desktop computer (mplayer).  I haven't
tried to play DVDs on the Thinkpad under Linux, but I suspect it's the same
as the desktop -- region doesn't matter.

LIBRA:  A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
much more talented than you.  Laughter is the very best medicine,
remember that when your appendix bursts next week.  -- Weird Al