[ltp] [ACPI] T40 2373-8CG with this setup is not affected by the power drain[/ACPI]

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:01:38 +0100

Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> Hmmmmm... Do you have regular software suspend compiled in?
> Or only Software suspend 2? As a module, or in the kernel?
> How do you issue a hibernate and standby command?
>
> For me, state 3 works only for short suspends. Longer suspends
> tend to lock the machine on wakeup (the backlight comes up and
> that's all).
>
> Swsusp2 works only from console, rendering it unusable after
> resume. So when issued from X, the machine seems to freeze/the
> display is garbled.

Tom, please go to my wiki page on this topic in which I have also
attached many files (the complied kernel, the patches, many config
files) hoping it will be able to help someone. Please let me know if you
found it helpful and any corrections/additions.

http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/ACPIpowerOK

HTH,
Bob