[ltp] Isthere a T41 or T42 model which NEVER has ACPI drain problems ???

obi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:31:04 -0800

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:28:51PM +0100, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:45:37PM -0800, obi wrote:

> > > LOL ... Graziano, thank you very much. Good there are friends trying to
> > > show you some hope :)
> > >
> > > But being "very close" reminds me being trapped underwater very close to
> > > the surface (a terrible story I am very lucky to be able to write about
> > > while exploring a sunken warship many many years ago!) :(
> >
> > that's not fun ... Glad you can tell about it!
> >
> > > Will try a little more.
> > >
> > > What lists could I infest :) with this specific problem about radeon and
> > > ACPI ??? I do not even know if only radeon is the issue ....
> >
> > What do you use? Debian? If so I could send you my kernel and you could
> > give it a go.
>
> That'd be nice if you could post your kernel on this list, maybe a
>  .deb ? so everyone interested could give it a try !

I put my working copy of the kernel at
http://pompone.cs.ucsb.edu/~graziano/kernel-image-2.6.11-rc2_obi.3_i386.deb

Just be careful, since I compile it to suit my Debian/Sid configuration.

cheers,
graziano