[ltp] TP600 harddrive

Hamie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:53:17 +0000

James McKenzie wrote:

> linuxtuxhellsinki@spymac.com wrote:
>
>> Hey !
>>
>> I've TP600 PII300Mhz with 5Gb harddrive, and it's allways full.
>> I'd like to change it to bigger one (say 20+Gb). And I'd now like
>> to hear some experience about that. Is there any problems ???
>>
> I upgraded a 600E to a 20GB and then a 32GB drive.  No problems.  I
> would suggest using the set of disks that should have come with the
> system to build it.  Barring this, a backup and restore to the new
> drive might be able move it over.  I used the former method with a
> backup of my data on the old drive.

If the disks are similar to the recovery CD's that came with my A20p,
then they won't work on anything except the original hard-drive (Or
preumably one that looks similiar enough to it). I replaced my IBM 20GB
HD (4800rpm) with a Fujitsu 40GB (7200rpm) one, and the CD's wouldn't
install... Claimed it wasn't the right machine or something... Anyway...
No great loss, I just did without windoze. It's not like I ever used it
or anything.