[ltp] Re: t4* and acpi

Pete Toscano linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:11:40 -0500

Thomas Hartwig wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> thanks a lot for your work, I wanted to test your setup but run in a
> problem. In the patch patch_swsusp2_2.1.5.15-2005-01-24 there is a
> reference to the symbol "PMSG_FREEZE". But this one is not found
> anywhere, nor in the vanilla kernel or in the patch list you provided.
> So compiling fails with an error. Can you recheck your list of patches,
> perhaps you did omit one step?

This compiled fine for me on FC3.  Just remember to apply it after you
apply the SWSUP2 patches.  If you try to apply before, you get patch
asking you what file to apply it to.

FWIW, it didn't help and my T40 is still hanging on resume from
hibernate.  Only now, the screen blanks both for a moment when going
into hibernation and when it hangs on resume.  Before, there was no
blank.  I think I'm going to go back to the unpatched SWSUP2.

pete