[ltp] Re: t4* and acpi

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:10:53 +0100

Thomas Hartwig wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> thanks a lot for your work, I wanted to test your setup but run in a
> problem. In the patch patch_swsusp2_2.1.5.15-2005-01-24 there is a
> reference to the symbol "PMSG_FREEZE". But this one is not found
> anywhere, nor in the vanilla kernel or in the patch list you provided.
> So compiling fails with an error. Can you recheck your list of patches,
> perhaps you did omit one step?
>
> Thanks
> Thomas

Thomas,
I have reviewed my little page and the process is like I have depicted.

I am assuming (starting from the title of the page) that I managed to
explain that the "base" kernel is 2.6.11-rc2 and not 2.6.10.

Was that clear enough for you ?

To recap:

2.6.10
2.6.11-rc2
acpi 0.10
swsusp2 2.1.5.15
patch to it
radeonstuff

of course if you jumped something you would get in trouble.

Please let me know if I can help you further or if there really is a
problem which I am not seeing (can happen since I went through the task
so many times that I might be automating something in my mind without
writing it).

Hope to hear from you,
Bob