[ltp] For gentoo users

Nick Rout linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:11:39 +1300

I did a binary install on my T20 recently as i simply do not have time
for it to compile for hours and hours just to get a system up and
running. Once I have the base system up and running I am usually happy
for it to compile to update, although i don't insist that it always has
the latest kde etc (in fact i find xfce4 to be a cery sweet and much
lighter desktop)

you can use the latest grp packages, from the 2004.3 release, or the
binaries at http://chinstrap.alternating.net (which are more up to date
but not supported by official gentoo)