[ltp] using vncserver for presentations on T40

Nick Rout linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:51:57 +1300

I have read this email several times, and cannot figure out what you are
doing:

why do you need vnc? whats wrong with the x session you already have?

if its the wrong resolution, why not startt another X session at another
resolution and use that.

Back to your situation:

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:51:53 -0500
Brad Langhorst <brad@langhorst.com> wrote:

> Here are my problems with this setup:
>
> 1) the keyboard focus never comes back to my main screen until I kill
> the vncserver.  The mouse does switch focus correctly - this is a major
> problem for me.
>
> 2) I want to be able to run commands to display in the vnc x server but
> can't find any way to do that

you need to set the DISPLAY variable, like this:

DISPLAY=whatever command