[ltp] using vncserver for presentations on T40

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:07:26 -0500

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 15:49 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> Just  let me get this right before i start going down the wrong track and confusing us both :-)
>
> you want have two displays, one on the lcd of the laptop and the other on the external monitor.
> The displays are to have different things on, but both controllable from sitting in front of the laptop?

logically 2 displays... one with a presentation on it (external) the
other with a copy of the presentation in a window (so i can control the
presentation) and my normal desktop.

To acheive this i need 3 displays
1) normal X11 on internal lcd
2) x11 on exteral display (preferable with no window manager)
3) vncserver version of X11 (which can be accessed by a full screen
vnclient on the external display, and a small vncclient window on the
main display)

thanks for your interest... i continue my search for answers as well.

brad